The Solid Waste Department is comprised of 18 employees and provides residential customers with solid waste pick-up (one time per week) to include roll cart, recycle and yard waste service.
Reggie Jenerette, Solid Waste Director
Public Works Facility
2940 Jerry Barnhill Blvd. PO Box 1075 Conway, SC 29528
Phone (843) 248-1760 FAX (843) 397-2885
- Recycle bins are provided at no cost to the customer upon request.
- Solid Waste rollout carts are green (95 gallon carts). These carts are available for purchase for City Residents Only at a cost of: $53.90.
- Recycling rollout carts are blue (65 gallon carts). These carts are available for purchase at a cost of: $46.00
- To order a bin or cart, please call (843) 248-1760 for further information.
Holiday Notice - Monday, May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day - click to see info about trash pick-up
Recycling protects our environment and conserves costly landfill space.
Rollout garbage carts and recycle bins are to be placed by the curb on the day of collection by no later than 7:00 AM. Your cart and bin should be removed from the curb by 7:00 PM on the day of collection.
- Set-out occurred after 7:00 AM.
- Items were hidden and the driver did not see them (e.g. blocked from view by a parked car).
- Incorrect or overflowing container.
- Wrong material set out (or non-recyclable material in the recycling container).
Most yard debris will be picked up on normal collection day; however, during peak leaf seasons, please allow up to 48 hours from day of collection for pick-up. Yard debris must be placed at the curb by 7 am on your normal collection day. Yard debris may be placed in a pile by the curb or in paper bags by the curb. Plastic bags will not be accepted. Limbs should not exceed 4 feet in length. The City does not pickup trees, logs, or stumps resulting from the removal of trees. Such debris must be removed by residents or contractors providing the service.
Place washing machines, clothes dryers, bedding material, electronics, tires without the rims, furniture and clothes items (bagged) by the curb by 7 am on your normal collection day. This service applies to residential customers only and does not include building materials, roofing, rocks, concrete, etc.
COMMERCIAL CARDBOARD RECYCLING
Cardboard recycling is also available to all commercial customers.
Please contact the Solid Waste Division at (843) 248-1760 for questions about collection of your roll out cart, recycling bin, or yard debris.