To open a utility account, please come by our office at 1000 2nd Ave. In an effort to expedite this process, we encourage customers to email us a Commercial or Residential New Account Form in advance. This advance notice will give us an opportunity to verify the service location and begin the paperwork before you enter our office. A Utility Billing Representative will respond to your email with the required deposit amount for your service location and the necessary documents needed in order to complete the application process.
- New service connections are only performed on weekdays during normal business hours (except holidays).
- The identity of the account holder and address must be verified for all new accounts.
- A picture ID (driver's license)
- Your Social Security Card
- A copy of your rental/lease or purchase agreement.
- Every new account is required to pay a service connection fee and a deposit. A credit letter will NOT be accepted in lieu of this fee. Deposits will be applied to your final bill.
- Before your service is connected, make sure all faucets are turned off and sink/tub stoppers are open to prevent accidental flooding.
- Many customers register for Online Account Access, E-Billing (enroll online or submit form), Bank Draft (submit form), or Credit Card AutoPay (enroll online) when they establish their new utility accounts. You may want to consider taking advantage of these convenient options.