Make a Payment
We offer several payment options for your convenience.
- Pay Online - Make a payment through our online system. If you are already registered, simply log in to make a payment. Or register now in a few easy steps.
- Bank Draft - This convenient option ensures your payments are received on time every month eliminating late fees and service interruptions. Payments will be drafted form your bank account on the 10th of each month.
- Pay by Phone - Call (843) 248-1780 to make a payment using the automated phone system. Please have your credit card and utility account number available.
- Pay by Mail - Please enclose your payment stub with your check or money order in the return envelope provided with your monthly bill.
- Pay in Person - Our office is located at 1000 2nd Ave. Conway, SC 29526. Use our drop box located in our drive-thru anytime, day or night.
- Conway National Bank - Payments can be made at any CNB location. You must have your bill to make a payment.
Manage Your Utility Account Online
With online services, it is easy to manage your City of Conway utility account. At your convenience, you can quickly:
- Pay your bill
- Update account information
- Enroll in Credit Card AutoPay
- Enroll in Paperless Billing (Form)
- Sign up for Text Alerts
Moving In? Start Utility Services
To open a utility account, please come by our office at 1000 2nd Ave. In an effort to expedite this process, we encourage customers to email us a Commercial or Residential New Account Form in advance. This advance notice will give us an opportunity to verify the service location and begin the paperwork before you enter our office. A Utility Billing Representative will respond to your email with the required deposit amount for your service location and the necessary documents needed in order to complete the application process.
- New service connections are only performed on weekdays during normal business hours (except holidays).
- The identity of the account holder and address must be verified for all new accounts.
- A picture ID (driver's license)
- Your Social Security Card
- A copy of your rental/lease or purchase agreement.
- Every new account is required to pay a service connection fee and a deposit. A credit letter will NOT be accepted in lieu of this fee. Deposits will be applied to your final bill.
- Before your service is connected, make sure all faucets are turned off and sink/tub stoppers are open to prevent accidental flooding.
- Many customers register for Online Account Access, E-Billing (enroll online or submit form), Bank Draft (submit form), or Credit Card AutoPay (enroll online) when they establish their new utility accounts. You may want to consider taking advantage of these convenient options.
Moving Out? Stop Utility Services & Request Final Bill
If you are planning to move, remember to stop your City of Conway utility account. Notify Utility Billing with the date you want your services stopped and your new mailing address. this will ensure that your final bill is processed correctly and that your account will be closed.
To stop your utility services, complete a Stop Service & Final Billing Request Form and submit by email. Alternatively, you can contact Utility Billing at (843) 248-1780 Monday - Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm for assistance.
- Service disconnections are only done on weekdays during normal business hours (except holidays).
- The final utility bill will be calculated from the last meter reading at that time the services are disconnected.
If you don't contact Utility Billing, you could be responsible for paying the utility bills at your old address until a new account is initiated by a new resident or owner.
Rates, Deposits & Other Charges
Utility Rates effective July 1, 2018
|In City||Base Charge $9.88||$1.87 per 1000 gallons|
|Out of City||Base Charge $19.76||$3.74 per 1000 gallons|
|In City||Base Charge $5.16||$3.13 per 1000 gallons|
|Out of City||Base Charge $10.32||$6.26 per 1000 gallons|
(If out of City - Grand Strand Water & Sewer may be the sewer provider in this area)
Storm Water Fee (In City ONLY)
Sanitation Service (In City ONLY)
|$60.00 per roll cart||$19 per cart per month|
|(Paid at Water Dept)||$11 per second cart per month|
Recycling Roll Out Cart $46 - No Monthly Fee
Regular Recycle Bin is free upon request.
|In City||Service Charge||$30.00||Deposit||$100.00|
|Out of City (water & sewer)||Service Charge||$50.00||Deposit||$150.00|
|Out of City (water only)||Service Charge||$50.00||Deposit||$75.00|
5% penalty will be added to any current bill not paid by the 15th of the month. A $25 service charge will be added to any bill that remains unpaid by the 10th of the following month and shall be disconnected without notice.
As a courtesy to our customers, a phone tree message is sent out on the 10th of each month as a reminder to pay your bill before service is interrupted. The message is only delivered to those accounts that are past due and subject to disconnection. Please keep your phone number updated in our system to take advantage of this reminder
If service has been disconnected because your utility account is delinquent, you must pay your full account balance before your service will be reconnected.
Service will be restored as soon as possible after full payment has been received by the City of Conway.
Be sure that faucets are turned off before service is reconnected to prevent accidental flooding.
After Hours Reconnection
There will be an additional $50 After Hours Charge assessed for service restoration on accounts that have been disconnected for nonpayment, when payment of the delinquent balance has been received after 4:00pm.
Service restoration will be done following payment at no additional cost between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
It is unlawful for any unauthorized person to alter, tamper with, or bypass a meter which has been installed for the purpose of measuring the use of a utility service.
Meter Tampering charges range between $225.00 to $425.00 and will be applied per incident when meter tampering is found to have occurred.
Water and/or sewer charges may be eligible for an adjustment for leaks on the customer's side of the meter.
Call customer service or email your leak adjustment form to see if you qualify for an adjustment.
Sewer charges may be eligible for an adjustment for filling a pool.
Call customer service or email your pool adjustment form to see if you qualify for an adjustment.
Contact Utility Billing
Contact Utility Billing by email.
Call 843-248-1780 Mon-Fri, between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Call 843-248-1780 anytime to use the automated system to pay by phone.
Come see us in person at 1000 2nd Ave. Conway, SC 29526
Utility Billing Frequently Asked Questions